The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) has pledged US$250,000 in humanitarian assistance to support victims of Ghana’s recent devastating floods, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs has announced.
In a press statement issued on Sunday, the Ministry said it had been officially notified by ECOWAS of the regional body’s decision to provide the donation, estimated at about GH¢3 million, to assist those affected by the floods.
According to the Ministry, the funds will be transferred in full to the intended beneficiaries immediately after they are received in the government’s accounts.
“The Foreign Ministry will hand over the entire funds as soon as we receive it in our accounts,” the statement said.
The Government of Ghana expressed its appreciation to ECOWAS for what it described as an act of solidarity and African compassion during a difficult period for the country.
“The Government of Ghana conveys boundless appreciation to ECOWAS for their solidarity and true African compassion,” the Ministry stated.
The donation comes as relief efforts continue in communities impacted by the recent floods, with government agencies and humanitarian organisations working to provide assistance to affected residents.
The Ministry’s announcement did not provide details on when the funds are expected to be disbursed or how they will be distributed among the flood victims.
Source: www.kumasimail.com
































































